GP Rating Course Stands for General purpose Rating Course.
- It is a pre-sea training course that even 10thPassed students can pursue after Schooling. This course will help one in building a career in Merchant Navy.
- The Course duration is 6 Months.
- GP Rating Course focuses on training a person in two main roles of shipping sector DECK and ENGINE CREW.
- Educational Qualifications: Minimum 10th Pass
- Age: 18 to 25 years
- Physical / Medical standards: Candidates’ should be physically and medically fit, as per DGs .Eyesight requirement is 6/6 in both eyes. Candidate should not be Color blind
Job & Career Path after the course:-
- After completing the GP Rating Course candidates can work in DECK or ENGINE Department onboard a ship.
- After completing a sea-service of 36 month onboard he is eligible cross over to officer side as per DGs Rule.